March 2017 (published: 22.03.2017)
The journal is published by St Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
The scientific series Refrigeration and Air Conditioning has been published since 2007 as a science-oriented and academic periodical, now of the ITMO University. Before 2013, it was issued under the name Scientific Journal of St Petersburg State University of Low Temperature and Food Technologies: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. Since 2013, the same series has been published under the auspices of St Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University).
Annually, two issues of the journal are published in March and September (sized 50 Mb each).
This periodical has been registered with the Federal Service of Supervision in the Sphere of Communication, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (certificate EL No FS 77–55410 of 17/09/2013; ISSN 2072-2400).
An outline of the topics covered by the journal
- Studying general properties and functioning principles of machinery and equipment for refrigerating and cryogenic engineering. Theoretical and experimental researches on the processes of refrigerating and cryogenic equipment, air conditioning and life support systems.
- Methods of designing appliances for vacuum engineering, compressors, pneumatic units and systems.
- Researching the systems of vacuum engineering units, compressors, pneumatic units and systems.
- Development of diagnostic, control and adjustment methods for vacuum engineering units, compressors, pneumatic units and systems.
- Fundamental, theoretical and experimental researches on molecular and macroscopic properties of substances in solid, liquid and gaseous state.
- Researching thermodynamic process and cycles applicable to power generation and power conversion units.